One of the most important Hindu festivals is “Happy Chhath Puja 2022.” During this festival, all the women worship Lord Surya, the solar deity, and Chhathi Maiya, Surya’s sister. Mostly in Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Jharkhand, and a small portion of Nepal, it is observed. The festival of Chhath Puja 2022 began on October 28, a Friday, with the major day being observed on October 30. Chhath Puja concludes on the fourth day, which is October 31, 2022.
Happy Chhath Puja 2022
Six days following Diwali is Chhath, a four-day celebration. It always takes place on the sixth day of the Kartikeya month of the Hindu calendar. Devotees gather on this day to offer prayers for prosperity and advancement. Along with offering hope for the lifespan and prosperity of family members, friends, and seniors, Hinduism also holds the belief that worshipping the sun can heal illnesses. Other names for Chhath Puja include “Surya Shashti,” “Chhath,” “Chhathi,” “Chhath Parv,” “Dala Puja,” and “Dala Chhath.”
Chhath Puja 2022 Muhurat
|Festival Duration||4 Days|
|Chhath Puja 2022||
|Festival Dates||· 28th October 2022
· 29th October 2022
· 30th October 2022
· 31st October 2022
|Mahurat Day 1||· Sunrise – 6:30 AM
· Sunset – 5:39 PM
|Mahurat Day 2||· Sunrise – 6:310 AM
· Sunset – 5:38 PM
|Mahurat Day 3||· Sunrise – 6:31 AM
· Sunset – 5:37 PM
|Mahurat Day 4||· Sunrise – 6:32 AM
· Sunset – 5:36 PM
Chhath Puja Rituals
The list and meaning of Chhath Puja Rituals that are performed during Chhath Puja is shown below:
- Day 1: Nahay Khay (28th October 2022)
On the first day that is Nahay Khay (28th October 2022), devotees’ bath in the Ganga’s sacred water early in the morning before bringing some water home to prepare the offering. On this day, the house and its environs should be cleaned. They only eat one meal per day, kaddu-bhat, which is prepared over a soil stove solely using bronze or earthenware and mango woods.
- Day 2: Lohanda or Kharna (29th October 2022)
Devotees observe a full day fast on the second day of Panchami (the day before Chhath), breaking their fast in the evening when the Sun is worshipped. After worshipping the Sun and the Moon, devotees prepare offerings for the family, such as kheer, bananas, and rice, in the second significant Chhath Puja rite. They eat dinner and then embark on a 36-hour fast without drinking anything afterward. Songs for Chhath Puja are sung with dedication.
- Day 3: Sandhya Arghya (30th October 2022)
The preparation of puja offerings takes up the entire day on the third day of Chhath Puja, which is also marked with a fast without water. The offering includes thekua, coconut bananas, and other seasonal fruits.
Friends and family go to the riverbank on the third day, which is the primary Chhath Puja day, and offer prasad to the setting sun. They offer the Sanjhiya Arghya in the ghat of a riverbank, a pond, or any other pure water body on the third day (day of Chhath).
After Arghya, they dress in a single turmeric-colored saree. Other members of the family are anticipating receiving blessings from worshipers. Folk melodies are sung to make the day special and joyful, and people pray for their happiness and success.
One of the most radiant and lovely activities during Chhath Pooja is Kosi bharna or Kosiya. After the Sanjhiya Ghaat or Sandhya Arghya, kosi is celebrated in the house’s courtyard or angna.
The five sugarcane sticks represent the five Panchatattvas that make up the human body: earth, water, fire, air, and space.
- Day 4: Bihaniya Arghya (31st October 2022)
Devotees offer Bihaniya Aragh at the ghat of the Ganga or any water body early on the fourth day (Paarun), along with their family and friends, and then offer prayers and prasad to the rising Sun. Devotees conclude their festivity by eating the Chhath prashad to break their fast.
Chhath Puja Wishes 2022
Share these emotional thoughts with your loved ones as you celebrate Chhath Puja:
- May this Chhath Puja usher in fresh beginnings for you in terms of success, fortune, and life.
- May you have pleasure and wealth on this auspicious Chhath Puja day. The Sun God will grant all your requests for today.
- The Chhath Puja festival honors sincere commitment, fortitude, faith, and personal conviction.
- May your life be filled with joy and prosperity. May the good light of the Sun God shine upon you.
- May this auspicious Chhath Puja occasion bring you happiness and prosperity. All of your wishes for today are blessed and granted by the Sun God.
- Let us begin the day with Chhath Maiya’s puja as the Sun rises in order for her to offer you fresh happiness and wealth. All your requests be granted by Chhath Maiya. Cheers to Chhath Puja!
- I wish you success, fortune, and new beginnings in life with the Chhath Puja. I pray that the Sun God would bless you, your loved ones, and fulfil all your desires for today. Cheers to Chhath Puja!
We would like to wish you and your loved ones an incredibly Happy Chhath Puja 2022 and wish you happiness and joy as you celebrate this festival of love.
For More Visit JKenvis