Every Indian citizen is issued an identification number with twelve digits, known as an Aadhar card, which enables citizens to get some government benefits. An E-Aadhar card is an electronic version of your Aadhar card. Now E-Aadhar download is possible online (myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in) easily with the help of an Aadhaar number and an enrollment number. Keep reading to learn the steps to download an E Aadhar card online.
E Aadhaar Download
E-Aadhar can be downloaded in a few different ways. These include using the Aadhar number, the name, the date of birth, the Enrollment number, and the virtual ID number. Before going into more detail, let’s take a closer look at the E Aadhar card.
What is Aadhar Card?
The Aadhar card is a unique 12-digit identification number issued to every citizen of India by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). This special number is curated by integrating an individual’s biometric details, such as iris scans and fingerprints with demographic information, like date of birth and address.
- It prevents duplication and fake identification with its unique number
- The number is centralized and unique to every individual having their details stored in a government database.
- You can use it to access welfare programs and schemes run by the government
- Transparency is fostered by Aadhar cards.
What is an E-Aadhar Card?
E-Aadhar is an electronic version of an Aadhar card that is generated by inputting a person’s Aadhar or enrollment ID online. Therefore, it is password protected and it has been digitally signed by UIDAI’s competent authority. Moreover, you have the option of downloading the E-Aadhar card from UIDAI’s app or its official website.
How to Download E Aadhaar Card? 5 Easy Ways
E-Aadhar cards are password-protected electronic copies of your Aadhar that are digitally signed by the UIDAI, ensuring their authenticity. Now E-Aadhar download is possible online easily via the 5 easy methods mentioned below.
1. E Aadhar Card Download using Aadhaar Number:
- Visit the official Aadhar website or select ‘Download Aadhaar‘ under My Aadhar or visit https://myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/genricDownloadAadhaar
- Choose the “Aadhar Number” option
- To get the one-time password on your registered mobile number, enter your 12-digit Aadhaar Number and Security Code and click on “Send OTP“.
- Now enter the OTP received and tap on verify and download.
- If you are successful in verifying your Aadhar card, a password-protected PDF will download to your Downloads folder. You must enter an 8-character password to open the file. In order to set the password, combine your name (as in Aadhar) in capitals with your year of birth (YYYY).
2. E-Aadhar Download using Name and Date of Birth
- You can retrieve your UIDAID by visiting https://myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/retrieve-UIDAID/.
- You can either type your full name or add your registered email address or mobile number. Then enter the security code.
- Click on ‘Send OTP‘.
- Click on the ‘Verify OTP‘ option after entering the OTP you received on your registered mobile number.
- As soon as your Aadhar number is sent to your registered mobile number, you will receive a message.
- Go to the official UIDAI website and open the e-Aadhar page
- Enter your 28-digit enrollment ID or 12-digit Aadhaar number and a security code on your registered phone number, then select ‘Send OTP’.
- Next enter the OTP that was sent to your registered mobile number.
3. E-Aadhar Download by Using enroll number
- First, visit the official UIDAI website
- Once you click on “Download Aadhar,” you will be directed to “myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/genericDownloadAadhaar.”.
- You can generate an OTP by entering your 28-digit enrollment ID and security code and clicking on ‘Send OTP’.
- Click on verify and download to verify and download the OTP received on the registered mobile number. You will receive a copy of your e-Aadhar card on your device.
4. E-Aadhar Download using Virtual ID (VID)
- First head to the UIDAI’s online website
- In the “My Aadhar” section click the “Download Aadhaar” button
- Choose the VID option
- Enter your security code, and virtual ID, and tap on send OTP to generate OTP
- You will receive a download for e-Aadhar
- To access it, enter the password associated with your Aadhar card. A password of 8 digits is required to open the PDF file – your first four letters in capital letters and “Year of Birth“
5. E Aadhaar Download from DigiLocker Account
Together with UIDAI, DigiLocker has enabled cardholders to link their DigiLocker accounts with Aadhar. In DigiLocker, documents and certificates are issued, stored, shared, and verified in digital form, allowing select registered organizations to send electronic copies into citizens’ ‘digital lockers’. Here are the steps you need to follow to download Aadhar from DigiLocker:
- Login to your DigiLocker account
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhar number under the “Sign In” button
- To get the ‘OTP’, click the ‘Verify‘ button
- Your OTP has been sent to your mobile number. Enter it
- Tap ‘Verify OTP’
- A page called ‘Issued Document’ appears. You can download ‘e-Aadhar‘ by clicking on the ‘Save‘ icon
How to Check E Aadhaar Card Status?
For checking the status, you must provide the Enrolment ID (EID) and the date. Detailed information about the date and EID can be found on the acknowledgment slip.
- Visit https://myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/
- Tap on ‘My Aadhaar’.
- Activate the dropdown menu and select ‘Check Aadhar Status.
- You will now need to enter your Enrolment ID or Service Request Number (SRN), as well as the captcha.
- Next, verify the captcha
- Lastly, click on submit
OUR Homepage: JKenvis
Aadhaar Card Download Website: Click Here